Growth Method allows for security settings and different roles to be created based on campus and/or job. To get started you will want to create the various roles and then invite your admin user to Growth Method.
From the Growth Method Dashboard, click on your name in the upper right corner and select "User Management. "
Create A Role
The User Management link will default to the User page and list the current users in Growth Method. Before you invite any users, you will need to create a role.
Select "Roles" in the upper-right corner.
On the Roles Page, there will be a listing of all the current roles.
Select "Create A Role," in the upper-right corner
On the Roles Permissions page, you will select the following: Role Name and Role Description; both are internal identifiers for what this role can have access to in Growth Method. Each role can be limited to a specific campus when you invite the user.
The roles listed in four categories:
1. Account Admin: this permission can do anything in Growth Method
2. Cards: Either Admin (includes worker rights) or Worker to manage digitally scanned cards
3..CSV: Either Admin (includes worker rights) or Worker to manage imports of CSVs
4. Online Forms: Admin (includes worker rights) or Work to manage forms
5. Tracks: Permissions around either creating / managing tracks or being a individual with span of care over individuals in a track
6. Campaigns: Permissions around either managing campaigns holistically or being a campaign worker which allows the user to create campaigns only tied to phone numbers assigned to them.
7. Global Phone Access: Permission to allow an individual to see the detailed conversations from all phone numbers in Growth Method
Check the permission boxes for the role you are creating and then select "Save" in the bottom right corner.
Invite A User
Inviting a user to use Growth Method can happen in two ways. Sometimes you might want to create a user that is only tied to Growth Method while other times you might want to tie an existing MP user to roles in Growth Method. Both are accomplished by inviting a user.
Inviting new Growth Method User
- Provide the first and last name
- Email address (this will serve as their username)
- Select Global Access Roles
- Before you can grant campus-specific permissions, you must first add a campus. Select "Campus Name" from the drop-down and click on "Add,"
- After adding the campus (see below with Online Campus), then each role will be available for selection.
- After selecting your roles for this particular user, click "Save" in the bottom right corner. Once you save, the user will automatically be sent an email to log in and create a password.
Add existing MP User
Using MP users as Growth Method Users will help when track information is pushed to MinistryPlatform to the contact log as it will be pushed with the actual user that made the connection.
To find an existing MP user, click on the link 'Add existing user from MP'. This will remove the fields for first name, last name, and email and it will replaced with a text box to type in the MP user you want to add to Growth Method. This text box will start searching as the username is typed. When users are found based on the search, they will be presented in a table. Click on the one you wish to add to Growth Method.
The search is based on the username inside MinistryPlatform. You do not have to type the entire username in order for Growth Method to find the user, as long as the username starts with the search text, it can be found.
Once the user is clicked, That user will be displayed and roles can be assigned like normal. If you wish to change the user that was previously selected, click on the 'Change' button.
To edit the users' roles or to delete a user from the system. Select the user name from the list of users.
Change Roles by selecting which role you want them to have by checking or unchecking the boxes. If moving from a global role, simply add a campus, uncheck the global roles, and check the campus-specific roles. Select "Save" in the bottom right, and the roles will change when the user logs in.
If deleting the user, select "Delete This Admin" in the bottom left. A small confirmation will pop-up above the delete button, and you will select "I'm Sure."