In Growth, Campaigns are the concept of creating mass announcements via email and text to a collection of individuals based on a group within your ChMS. Campaigns can be scheduled and in the event of text, can be introductions to one to many conversations with any ministry.
For campaigns that are text related, they can be sent from a mobile office that you are assigned to or can be sent from a campaign number that is assigned to you. Campaign numbers are toll free numbers that can be used to create one directional or bi-directional conversations.
Campaign numbers can be created by selecting the Campaign Numbers menu item from the main navigation and then clicking on 'New Phone Line' Growth will present you with 10 available toll free numbers to choose from. Select one and click 'Add This Line'.
With the newly created phone number, you can assign multiple individuals to this number by clicking the gear on the phone number and then clicking 'View'.
The view screen shows a history of all the messages in and out for that phone number along with some simple graphs showing volume over time. The assign people to the number, click the '+' on the right of the assignments area and select the individual to add.
There are two types of campaigns that can be run, an email campaign or a text campaign. Both have similarities as they both require a name, a schedule, message content and a filter. To create a campaign, click on the 'Campaigns' menu item from the navigation and click 'New Campaign'
The first section is all about the campaign details.
1. Name the campaign something unique that could be refereed back to at a later date.
2. The description is a way to further describe the reason for the campaign. It really helps other admins understand the reasoning for the campaign.
3. Scheduled Send Date is the date and time in which the campaign should be sent. The time is in 30 min increments. To send the campaign immediately, choose a date and time in the past.
1. Text delivery type means that the campaign will be sent as a text message.
2. The from number list is a list of numbers that are assigned to you. This will be either a mobile office number or a campaign number that is assigned to you.
3. The message is the content of the message.
Since carrier's pick up on spam, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to use the dynamic fields to make each text unique.
1. Email delivery type means that the campaign will be delivered as an email.
2. The from email is the email address you want the campaign to be from.
3. The subject for the email
4. The body of the email.
If the email domain specified does not match an email domain that has been created under the 'integration' menu item, the email address will simply be used as the reply to. It is recommended that you set up an email domain before using this feature.
In order to send a campaign, a filter must be selected. Currently the filter will be a group within your ChMS. It is recommended that you create a group inside your ChMS, populate it with the people you want to send a campaign to, then select that group in Growth.
When you are done with all fields, select 'Create Campaign'.
Viewing the Campaign
After the campaign runs, Growth will keep track of all the individuals who received it and the interactions they have had with the campaign.
Growth will show the recipient list along with whether the message was delivered successfully, when it was opened if it is available and the last activity.
Clicking on one of the recipients will show a detailed chronological list of the activities that happened to this particular message. We can see from here that it was sent for delivery, it was delivered, it was opened, then clicked and then opened again.
Keeping up with how much engagement the campaign has had is important. Growth will keep track of specific elements of each message delivered over time to understand how the campaign is affecting ministry.
Replying To Text
The Growth Text inbox stores all messages from all numbers that have been assigned to you.
The inbox conversation list shows all the conversations from all numbers that are assigned to you. This could be a mobile office number or a campaign number. Campaign numbers can be assigned to multiple people allowing more than one person to reply to a conversation created by a campaign.