Batch refers to uploading your Before uploading; you must make a template for the specific card that you want to upload. Times will vary based on the number of entries. Once you submit a batch, you can step away or move on to another task while the batch processes in the background.
The process includes these steps:
- Ready For File Upload (interaction needed)
- Auto Reading Entries (automatic)
- Checking For Discrepancies (automatic)
- Await Discrepancy Verification (interaction needed)
- Exporting Data (automatic)
Create A Batch
Before you create a batch, make sure you have created a Card Template for the cards you are uploading.
When you open your Focus Growth, you will be on your dashboard. Use the menu on the left to select "CSV Batches."
On the Batch dashboard, you will see any other batches that you have and what their status is. To create a batch, click on the "Create A Batch" button in the upper-right corner.
From the next screen, you will want to select your template. The template you choose should match the CSV File you are uploading.
Click on "Select" for the template you will be using.
Once you select your template, the Batch Details screen will appear.
- Enter a Batch Name that makes sense for your internal process
- Enter the Batch Date. We suggest using the date the entries were submitted rather than when you run the batch. Note: the red box is a calendar selection option
- The two options -Use the batch date as membership date and Update Campus are specific to your ChMS and may be different.
- Select the .CSV File you want to upload
- Select "Create Batch" to move on to the next step.
Upload A Batch
After you have created a batch, the .CSV File will begin to upload. Select "Clear Completed Tasks" when done.
This step may take some time, depending on the number of entries; you can click off this screen. The process will move on from uploading to reading and then on to verification, which will require human interaction. Refresh the screen to check the current status of the process.
When the batch status is Discrepancies, then this requires human interaction. A discrepancy is when our system needs manual verification of what to do with the file information. Typically due to a conflict within your ChMS where Focus Growth is uncertain that the people match. Please note that not all file uploads will have discrepancies.
Click on the status to view the batch information screen.
Click "View Discrepancies" to continue.
The Discrepancy screen will display the following:
1. The reason for the discrepancy
2. The new submission data.
3. The action to resolve the discrepancy. "Select" will update your ChMS with the new data, and "New Person" will create a new entry in your ChMS. You will get a confirmation button after making your selection.
After you have resolved all of the discrepancies, reload the page. The status is now Completed and all of the entries from your .CSV File have been uploaded to your ChMS.