Batch refers to uploading you completed connection cards that have been scanned in and are now ready to upload. Before uploading you must make a template for the specific card that you want to upload. Times will very based on the number of cards and other factors such as handwriting. Once you submit a batch you can step away or move on to another task while the batch processes in the background.
The process includes these steps:
- Ready For File Upload (interaction needed)
- Auto Reading Handwriting (automatic)
- Ready for Verification (interaction needed)
- Checking For Discrepancies (automatic)
- Await Discrepancy Verification (interaction needed)
- Exporting Data (automatic)
Before you create a batch, make sure you have created a Card Template for the cards you are uploading.
To create a batch select Cards > Card Batches.
On the Batch dashboard, you will see any other batches that you have and what their status is. To create a batch, click on the "Create A Batch" button, in the upper-right corner.
Select the template that matches the cards you are going to upload.
Please Note: If your card template includes two pages, be sure to include two pages, even if one page is blank. Scans should be page 1, page 2, and then move on to the next card. A scan can be one pdf document with all of the scans, and our system will be able to parse them based on your template.
- Enter a Batch Name that makes sense for your internal process
- Enter the Batch Date. We suggest using the date cards were completed rather than when you run the batch. Note: the red box is a calendar selection option
- The two options -Use the batch date as membership date and Update campus are specific to your ChMS and may be different.
- Selecting Manually verify all values before continuing, will allow you the opportunity to review each card to compare the handwritten value to what the computer translated. Reviewing the cards is the "verification" process.
- Select "Create Batch" to move on to the next step.
After you have created a batch, the next step is to upload your files. Our system will then read the cards and provide a preview.
1. Click on Browse Files to open your computer to select the files you wish to upload. These can be a single page or multi-page PDFs.
While the files are uploading, a status box will appear at the top of the screen, and the gear icon will spin.
Once the files have uploaded green checkmarks will appear, the gear will stop rotating. Select "Clear completed tasks".
Click on the "Submit Batch" to continue.
Please note some of the information below:
- There will be a preview of the files and the number of files uploaded. Remember, even if it is one continuous PDF, our system will parse that into individual cards.
- This area will always show you the next few upcoming steps in the Batch Process.
Once the batch is submitted you can click out to the main Batch Menu and you will be able to see what status your batch is on. After submitted the batch will move on to "Auto Reading Handwriting" and depending on the number of cards can take a while so you can move on to other tasks until that status moves to "Waiting For Verification".
As you check the status of the batch, you will see "Ready for Verification," this step requires human interaction. If you DID NOT click on the option to verify a batch manually, then you will not have this option. You will not have any actions again until you see Discrepancies.
Click on the "Batch Name" to access the verification screens.
Click on "Review All Cards" to move on to the verification screen.
Please note some of the information below:
- The Current Step has changed to Verification and a note that it is actionable. The next steps below have updated as well. Processing with the gear indicates that no human interaction is required, and the Discrepancies Steps has an orange finger, which is your indicator that human interaction will be required.
- Please note that there is a "Delete This Batch," which will stop the entire process and delete this batch before any further processing can take place.
The Verification Screen will step through each card. Below, the red boxes indicate what the computer read, and the image directly above is the card submitted.
To change or correct any options, simply click in the field of what the computer read and type the text.
After making any text corrections needed, there are three options at the bottom of the card.
- Skip: this dismisses the card and will not upload it to your ChMS. This action cannot be undone.
- Verify and Close: this will accept the corrections (if any), mark the card verified, and close the verification screen.
- Verify and Continue: this will accept the corrections (if any), mark the card verified, and move on to the next card in the verification queue.
Multiple users can verify cards at the same time. Our system does not allow the same card to access by different users in the verification process at the same time.
After you have completed verification, please return to the Main Menu or reload the page. The next step is an automated process, as you can read below in the redbox. The next action item will be Discrepancies. Please note it is possible to have zero discrepancies, and in that case, the system will automatically go to Data Export.
From the Card Batch Dashboard, you can check on the status of all the batches in process. When you see Discrepancies, this is an indicator that this step requires human interaction.
Click on the "Batch Name" to continue.
From Batch Screen, there are a few items to point out.
- The number discrepancies. A discrepancy is when our system needs manual verification of what to do with the card information. Typically due to a conflict within your ChMS where Focus Growth is uncertain that the people match.
- The number of submissions will be the number of cards submitted to be processed.
- Click on "View Discrepancies" to continue.
Focus Growth will step through each discrepancy until all have been resolved.
- The reason for the discrepancy
- The submitted data from the card displays
- The possible options from your ChMS
- Select the option from the ChMS OR if none match, Select "New Person" to continue.
When selecting a new person or any option, there will be the option to confirm. If you selected the option in arrow, then you use the back menu button. Otherwise, press "Confirm" to move on to the next discrepancy.
For this discrepancy we selected a current record to update and this is the confirmation screen below.
- Focus Growth will check to see if the address is a valid USPS address. If the address does not match the validation, it may offer a valid USPS address option. You can select the offered suggestion, select the entered address or select no address.
- This discrepancy came about because our system will automatically verify that the address is valid in the United States Postal System. In this case, it is not a valid mailing address, and Focus Growth will request a new valid address.
- You can select the USPS recommend address, select the address that was entered or you can confirm without an address.
If you cannot confirm the address, then you can skip it and confirm that an address will not be saved.
You will continue this process until all Discrepancies have been resolved. Then Focus Growth will move on to uploading this data into your ChMS.
The status for this batch is now, "Exporting Data", which is uploading all your card into your ChMS.
If you click on your batch name during this process, you will see that our system is still working on uploading and making changes within your ChMS.
Once all of the cards have uploaded into your ChMS, including having any actions taken based on the fields you selected or conditionals you created, our system will show an Audit of every action taken.
- A listing that this was a new person added
- A listing that this was an existing person who was updated
- All the actions created
- On this card, you can see a few additional ChMS related items were updated, such as opportunities.
- Click on View Submission to see just that card information.
While viewing this Audit Card, please compare against your ChMS to validate the information and updates. Also, compare the actions to your conditionals to ensure they correct. Click "Done" when you have reviewed the files, and this will bring you back to the previous page.
When viewing your Batch Dashboard, the status is now "Completed." The cards have read, processed, verified, discrepancies addressed, uploaded into the ChMS, and now complete.