Validate and import any data into your ChMS through Focus Growth via CSV import! Almost all online forms (Google, Gravity, Wufoo, JotForms, etc.) will allow you to export the data via a CSV file, or you can export from your favorite spreadsheet program into a CSV file.
Follow the instructions below to create a CSV Upload template you can use to import your data into your ChMS via Focus Growth.
Create A Template
From your Growth Dashboard, you have two places options for creating a template; both lead to the same place. To get started, click on 'Create A Template.'
On the following screen, you will want to fill in template details and upload a black copy of your connection card.
1. Template Type: CSV File or Communication/Connection Card --> select CSV Upload
2. Choose a campus (campus names would have been added by your church when you setup)
3. Add a description of the card
4. Browse the files on your computer to select your CSV File. Remember, during this process, you want to upload a CSV File that only has the headers and not any other data.
5. Click 'Save' to continue
Assign Headers to Data Fields
After you upload and save your CSV File, the next screen will step you through assigning field types and persons to your CSV File headers.
The drop-down options will match those in your ChMS. Go through each of your column headers and assign a data field and person type.
This process also supports check-boxes and assigning them to various workflows (terminology may differ based on ChMS) already mapped out within your ChMS.
If there is a column that you do not want to import, simply select "No Type," and Focus Growth will not import that column of data.
When all of the column headers have been assign, you will see this verification page. Click Save & Continue to complete the template setup.
Edit Note: If you need to add a column at a later date or even during setup, click on 'Add Column' and list the column name and assign the data field type.
Once saved, you will see your template listed with your other templates. Click the gear icon to be able to;
- Edit Template Details (title, campus, description),
- Select Template Columns (edit the field assignments, add columns)
- Manage Conditionals.
Read our support document on Conditionals to learn more.