You have been added as a Team Leader for a Mission Trip --now what? In this document, we will lead you through the tools you can use to manage your team. Please note that some may vary based on your security rights and how your organization set up the trip's access rights.
As a Team Leader, you have the ability to:
- Approve or decline applicants
- Schedule Meetings
- View funding for all participants but cannot manage funds) **this may be turned off by your organization
- Message Members
- Download Roster
- Download Trip Packets
- Manage requirements for participants but cannot sign eDocuments
- Update task requirements
- Manage discussions for all members
Viewing Your Trips
Your Team Leader Dashboard will show the Trip(s) that you are associated with. In the right-hand corner click the drop-down to select "Trips I'm Leading". You can have 3 options in your dropdown depending on the types of trips you are involved in:
- Trips You Are Going On - either as member or leader
- Trips Your Are A Team Leader On - trips that you have the rights to manage
- Trips I'm Responsible For - trips you are listed as a guardian for but not going on
When your list updates on the screen, please click on the name of the Trip you would like to view.
Exploring Your Team Leader Dashboard
- Profile: Click if you wish to update any of your profile information such as; emergency contacts, references, profile questions, etc.
- Admin/Member View: This feature allows you to switch between your Team Leader View or what a regular member would see. This is very beneficial when needing to help team members update their accounts or complete their requirements.
- Dashboard: This serves to give you a high-level overview of important trip insights and items that need your attention.
Within your Dashboard you have the following information:
- Countdown: This is a travel departure count down that lets you know exactly how many months/days are left before your trip.
- Unallocated Funds (how much has been donated to the general trip instead of an individual. You may want to have an admin distribute those funds) or use them to subsidize other parts of the trip.
- Applications are the number of people who have applied for the trip but not accepted yet.
- Team Members With Overdue Requirements (You will want to reach out and get them up to date).
- Funding: This shows the total cost of the trip, how much is remaining to be paid and how much is left to be earned.
- Checklists: This shows the percentage of requirements your team has completed.
- Recent Meetings: A list of your most recent team meetings.
- Requirement Progress: This will show each individual requirement and what percentage of the team have completed each one.
While you have permission to do various tasks and access to team data, please be sure to familiarize yourself with your organization's privacy policies.
The trip details section is a review of the settings that the Trip Administrator entered when creating the trip.
1. Main Details: Trip Name, Trip Location, Trip Travel Dates and Trip Costs.
2. Trip Details: This section is all the participant settings for funding, contact, visibility on the main page and description of the trip.
3. Application Questions: These are the application questions that were created or pulled in from the Application template selected for this trip.
4. Trip Requirements: This section details all the Trip Pre-Requisites, Post Approval Requisites: who they are assigned to (L for Leader and P for Participant) due dates, and the Check-list assigned to the trip.
As a Team Leader, you will be able to review all of the applicants and help decide if they are a fit for the team or not when approving or denying their application. When you click on the Applicants tab, you will see a list of everyone who has applied for the trip. To learn how to Accept, Deny or Withdraw the application, please visit our Support Article: How to Approve or Reject Trip Applications
Be sure to click on the box to 'Include Unsubmitted Applications' in order to follow-up with any potential participants who did not complete the process.
When clicking on the Team Members Tab a drop-down will appear, click 'View Team Members". On this screen, you will see the entire team that is participating on the trip.
- Overview: This information bar will tell you the number of participants, the ratio of Team Leaders to Team Members and how many of those Team Members are behind on funding.
- View Options: This dropdown will allow you to view the dashboard as a member. Which will be very useful when helping your Team navigate the Focus Missions System.
Actions Gear Dropdown:
- Download Roster: This button will provide an option to download the entire roster with all team member data. This includes profile information, application questions, requirements, and emergency contact information. You can easily export this data into a .CSV that can be opened as a spreadsheet.
- Message Members: This is an easy way to send a group email to the entire team at one time.
- Crown Icon: denotes who the Team Leader(s) are.
- Individual Trip Requirements: This row of circles represents each of the requirements that are needed to be fulfilled by each participant. Their completion is marked with a green checkmark, the grey x is not required for this person, and red dots means the requirement is overdue. This visual indicator will allow you to quickly determine where your team stands on requirements.
- Funding Progress: The amounts displayed show the funds that have been raised and the amount still needed for the participant to be funded.
The other menu option 'Download Packets', will be something you will need before you go on the mission trip. It is a complete PDF of information about your entire team and copies of their requirements. Read more about how to Create and Download Packets here.
On your menu on the left side, if you see Meetings under Team Members, this means that your organization has not authorized Team Leaders to handle funding.
If you have a funding tab keep reading below.
If you have access to funding then you will have a funding tab and this is the screen you will see when you click on it.
- Unallocated Funds: these are donations that were made to the team as a whole and not to an individual team member. Depending on how your organization handles these funds you may need to assign them to a team member.
- Remaining Funding Needed: the total amount your team has left to raise.
- Total Trip Funding: A graphic to indicate the percentage of the funding total that your team has met.
- Fully Funded Team Members: this graph will tell how many fully funding team members you have. This will allow you to walk alongside those who are behind in funding and help them catch up.
- Donations Over Time: this graphic indicates when donations came in overtime. This can be useful if you did an email blast to potential donors or an event and the graph could show the success of that campaign.
The Meetings tab is where you create, schedule and manage your team trip meetings. To read more on this refer to the support document on Managing Trip Meetings.
This is an open discussion forum for both you and your entire team. Please learn more about Managing Discussions
This section is a list of all the possible email notification options that you have. When checked, you will receive the various emails noted.
Managing Individual Team Members
We are going to revisit the Team Members tab and click on a specific team member. On the left side are your menu options that we will review.
- General Information: This will be where you can find the full name, email address, phone number, date of birth and a profile picture. If your participant has not updated their profile with a current picture ---encourage them to do so.
- Status: (either a team member or team leader), a link to their personal fundraising URL and their total funding goal.
- Registered By: This is showing who registered the team member and their guardian information. **Please note that this is only here if the team member is under 18 and was registered by someone else.
- Application & Profile Questions: Both questions and answers are listed for easy access.
- Emergency Contacts: Always make sure your team members keep this updated in their profiles.
- References: this will show who the team member listed as a reference. If you click on the name then you will see the answers to the reference questions they filled out.
The Trip Story is an optional text area where a team member can enter their own fundraising appeal on their personal fundraising URL. Read more about there in our support article: Trip Story
As a Team Leader, part of your job is making sure that all the requirements are met by each team member. The only requirement you may not complete is the Digital Signature and only Trip Leaders can fulfill tasks. To learn more about how to complete requirements read this support article: How to Manually Complete Team Members' Requirements
If your organization gave you access to see funding, then this tab would show you all the donations this team member has received or made.
The Notes tab is where you can leave notes about this team member and only those with the proper permissions will be able to view them. This is a place to leave comments regarding an individual that can be helpful to Administrators and future Team Leaders.
**Please pay special attention to the highlighted portion.
Other Helpful Information
Please review our Participant Dashboard Guide to better acquaint yourself with the screens that your team members will be working with so that you can help lead them through any actions they need to take.