If there are individuals you wish to add to a trip as team leaders, you may do so from the trip's Team Members interface. Manually adding team members (participants and trip leaders alike) will allow these individuals to bypass the application process as well as the deposit requirement for the trip.
Follow the steps below to manually add trip leaders:
Access the Team Members Screen
From your trip's dashboard, navigate to the Team Members screen.
To add a new participant, click the Actions button at the top right, and select Add Member from the Actions drop-down menu.
Search Existing Users
Search for your participant by last name in the search field. If they have an existing Focus Missions account, they will appear in the results list.
If your participant appears here, simply click the Add button next to their name to add them to your trip.
Assign Basic Responsibilities
- If the person needs to be responsible for raising funds to pay for their trip, select Yes; otherwise choose No if they do not need to raise funds for the trip.
- To add this individual to be a trip leader, select YES. Otherwise, select NO to add this person as a participant.
- Select Save Changes when finished.
Adding a NEW User to your Trip
If the individual you're wanting to add to your trip didn't appear in your search results, they do not yet have a Focus Missions account. To create one for them, select Can’t find who you are looking for? beneath the search results list.
Invite a New Team Member to Focus Missions and Your Trip
- Enter the individual's First Name.
- Enter the individual's Last Name.
- Enter the individual's Email Address.
- Choose whether or not they are responsible for raising funds to cover their trip.
- To add this individual as a trip leader, select Yes.
- Add a personal message for them to be included on the email invitation they will receive.
- Click the Invite button to process the invitation.