Follow the guide below to create a new trip. Please note that if you have not yet created any Requirements, you'll want to do that before creating your first trip.
Locate Your Trips Page
From the top navigation bar, select the My Trips tab. This will pull up all of your active trips. To include your archived trips in this view, select the checkbox labeled Include Archived Trips.
Select the Create a New Trip button at the top right of the page.
Step 1: Trip Info
Enter your basic trip details, such as the name, destination, dates and cost:
- The Trip Name will identify the trip on your public missions page and the trip's page.
- Destination: enter the City and Country where you plan to travel.
- Use the Event Code field to help track payments for your accounting team.
- Enter the Travel Dates for the actual trip.
- The Registration Dates will determine when your Focus Missions billing will begin for the trip.
- Enter the Total Price Per Person for participating in the trip.
- The Deposit Per Person is optional; if you wish to require one, it will help limit applicants affecting the Max Headcount until it has been paid.
- Check the Show Donation Goals on Donation Page box if you would like to display the funding progress of the trip on the trip's public-facing donation page. If you prefer to keep it hidden, leave this unchecked.
- Use the Max Headcount field if you need to cap participation to a limited number of people. Only approved applicants who have paid their deposits (if applicable) will be counted against the max headcount.
- Set your preferred Age Range for the trip. Applicants who do not meet the age restrictions will not be able to apply for the trip.
- In the Brief Description field, add a trip description to set goals and expectations and let applicants know more about who they will be serving.
- Once all fields are completed, click Next to continue to step 2.
Step 2: Image & Filters
Select an image to represent your trip (or upload your own), and choose relevant filters for the trip to help others search for it from the overall trips page.
Choose from the available images by selecting the Add Trip Image button and clicking on the desired image.
To select an existing or stock image, click on the image and continue.
If you prefer to add your own image, click on Upload Trip Image.
Navigate to the files you wish to select from on your computer and make your selection.
An Edit window will appear to help you crop your image to the correct size and proportion. Rotate the image or drag and resize the crop window to suit your needs, and click Upload to apply the image to your trip.
You'll now see a preview of your sized image for the trip.
Public Trip Page Privacy Options
Select whether or not you want your new trip to display on the trip listings page, or to be a private trip that requires an invitation to join.
You may also choose which trip details to show or hide on the trip page, and whether to allow anonymous donations.
Make your choices by selecting or deselecting the checkboxes.
Categories and Filters
- To choose filters for your trip, first select a Category.
- Place a check mark next to the filters you wish to apply to this trip under this category.
- To add more filters that are under listed under a different category, select the Add Category button and repeat the process.
- Once your image is selected and you've identified all your filters, click Next to move on to Step 3.
Step 3: Requirements
Your trip's Requirements will comprise all of the things you want your team members to be sure to complete or check off before your trip begins. These will have already been created in your Requirements Bank.
In this step, you'll be selecting which requirements to include as part of this trip.
If no requirements apply to a trip, you may skip this step by selecting NO under the question: Are there any requirements that team members must fulfill or complete to go on this trip?
- To add requirements, select YES.
- You'll be presented with a list of all available requirements in your requirements bank. Check the box next to each requirement that you want to apply to this trip and select the Next button.
- Your list of selected requirements will now display a Due Date field. Assign a due date to each requirement and select the Next button.
Requirements may be removed from this screen if you change your mind, and additional requirements may be added if you happened to miss one.
Step 4: Application
Create the Application that your potential participants can fill out to apply for your trip. Applications can help you collect important information about your applicants up front, and give applicants an opportunity to let you know more about them and why they are interested in serving.
Applications are not required to create a trip if you prefer to add your Team Members manually. To skip this step, select NO next to the question: Does this trip require an application?and click the Next button.
To create your application, select YES and click the Add a Question button.
Create your Application Questions
To build your application questions, select the question type most relevant to the information you're requesting from the applicant:
- short answer
- single choice
- miltiple choice
- Add the question you'd like to ask: this is what the applicant will see.
- Mark it as optional or required. Required questions must be answered in order to submit the application for review.
- Designate whether it is active (will appear on this application) or inactive (save it to use another time).
- Click the Create Question button to finish.
- Repeat steps 1-4 to create all of the questions you wish to include on this trip's application.
- Click the Next button to move on to Step 5.
New Feature: Deposit and Requirements Due with Application
You may now allow your trip's deposit to be paid at the time the application is being submitted. Your applicants will be prompted to complete their payment once they answer the application questions and click Submit.
You may also now opt to allow trip applicants to begin fulfilling their trip requirements immediately, before their application has been accepted. Applicants will be able to access the trip from the Missions portal's My Trips view, and complete requirements and set up payments; however, their status will be remain Pending until their application has been approved.
These new features offer trip administrators greater flexibility when selecting applicants to approve for trips, and ensures that those participants who are excited about the opportunity and actively engaging with the trip early on are easily identified.
To enable these features, select the Yes option after each corresponding question. Once you've made your selections, click on the Next button to continue.
*Note: In order for your trip to be able to accept Family and Group Registrations, you must select Yes for Applicant can pay deposit without approval.
Step 5: Review
Review all of your trip details, and make any necessary edits from the Review screen. If everything looks good, click the Create My Trip! button to advance to the final step.
Launch Your Trip!
Your new trip's Dashboard will appear, and your trip's web page will have been created.
Initially, your trip's status will be in Setup Mode. You may keep it in this state as long as you need to if you still need to add more documents and requirements or finalize your details.
Once you're ready to activate your trip, select the Status option at the bottom left of your trip's admin view.
From the Status view, click the Launch This Trip button to activate it, and make it visible on your church's trip page.
Launching the trip will begin the billing cycle for the trip. Billing will continue (the trip will be Active) until it has been placed into Archived status.
Updating Your Trip Status
After your trips have been completed, return to this page to put them into Archive status by selecting Move to Archive. This will retain the information from the trip, and you'll be able to clone them for similar trips in the future. It will also cease the billing for the trip.
To view the details of your trip status history, refer to the audit log you can find at the bottom of the Status screen. It will let you know the individual, as well as the date and time, for each status update.