A station that is setup as assisted checkin requires a volunteer to run the checkin station. From this station type, the volunteer will be able to search for people by name, phone number and bar code along with edit information about a household, add / update barcodes for the household and create new households to check in with.
1. Select the "Assisted Checkin" option from the Station setup screen.
Fill Out Checkin Station Details
1. Give the checkin station a name. This will be used to uniquely identify the station. Reports will show the traffic a specific checkin station has so the name is important.
2. Select the campus that the checkin station is used at.
3. Select the station template that the checkin station is used for. Check out the Self / Assisted Station Setup section of the documentation for information on how to create station templates.
4. Selecting a dropdown in Focus Checkin will show a select list of items. Choose the station template from the list.
5. When all information is filled out, click and touch the "Set up Station" button.
1. The Previous Family button will allow the volunteer go to the last family that was selected. This is useful when the volunteer needs to go back and look at information about the family or they accidentally exited the family screen.
2.The Previous Search button cycles through the past 5 names that were searched for and populates them in the search for family text area.
3. The text area is where a search can be performed. Searches can be in different formats Using the person Steve Smith:
- at least first 3 of first name and at least first 3 of last name (ste smi)
- at least first 3 of last name and at least first 3 of first name (smi, ste) note: a comma is required for Focus Check to understand that the last name is first
NOTE: It is possible to search by a ten digit phone number or by scanning a barcode.
Family Results Screen
1. The Cancel button will return the volunteer to the previous screen.
2. The search text area that populates the search term that was provided. It is possible to alter the search term from here and search again.
3. The family results show the entire family. The individuals on the left are the adults of the household, typically the Head and the Spouse. The individuals on the right are children and visitors of the household. If the image exists, it will display. To select the family, tap anywhere in the region of the family highlighted by the red square.
4. In the event the family does not exist, click or touch the "Not here? Add a Household" button. This will take the user through the add a family workflow.
5. The back button will return the volunteer to the previous screen.
1. Add Family Member: Allows the volunteer to add a member to the existing household.
2. Edit family Member: Allows the volunteer to edit information bout a member in the household. The information that can be edited are: First Name, Last Name, Goes By Name, Relationship, Gender, birthdate and Tag comment.
3. Show Visitors: When a family is selected, the visitors are hidden by default. This is to take advantage of real estate on the screen. In order to show the visitors, select this option.
4. Add Visitor: Sometimes a person that is considered a visitor (a neighbor or a cousin from out of town) needs to be added to the household before they can be checked in.Use this option to add a visitor to the household.
5. Attach Barcode to Household: In the event a family member or household needs a new barcode or an updated barcode, use this option.
Selecting Family Members
1. The purpose of the family screen is the indicate who is here today. Even if the person is not necessarily checking into an activity, it is important to select the people that are here today, especially the adults. When kids go to class, the system uses the people chosen here to identify who can pick up the child from the classroom.
2. Once all the family members are selected, hit the next button to choose the rosters to check into.
For each family member, the volunteer will be presented with the rosters that are available for the individual to check into. There are a few business rules that help narrow down the rosters that are selectable.
- Focus Checkin looks at the age restrictions for both the roster and the activity to identify if the family member should be able to check into the roster. If there is no age restrictions and the family member cannot check into any rosters that have age restrictions, rosters with no age restrictions will be shown.
- The start time of the schedule and the end time of the schedule are taken into consideration when showing rosters. Rosters that start within the next 4 hours will show up and will show up until the end time of the roster. Rosters where the end time has past are not shown cine checking into that roster would not be possible.
Select Multiple Rosters
It is possible to select multiple rosters to check into. If the rosters happen at the same time, the rules of the class room workflow will come into play.
View broader selection
There are instances where the rosters that are shown for a family member are not what the volunteer needs to check the person into. This happens sometimes for example when, because of the date of birth, the rosters that are available are for 5th grade but the family member really needs to be checked into 6th grade.
Add a family member
Adding a new family member allows the volunteer to fill out minimal information about a family member to get this into the ChMS and get checked into a classroom. Once the new family member is added to the family, they will be automatically selected as one of the family members that are here today.
Adding a visitor to a household allows the volunteer to get a person who is not in the family's household and connect them. It is possible that a visitor already exists inside of the ChMS which Focus Checkin takes into account.
Search for the visitor
1. Focus Checkin requires the volunteer to search for the person before the person is added as a visitor to the family. Sometimes the person exists in the ChMS. If the person already exists, then the volunteer can select that person and check that person in with the family instead of creating a new person.
Select Existing Person
1. If the person that was searched for exists, the volunteer can select that person to add the the family. NOTE: In this case, the visitor is only added to the family for this specific checkin. Next time the family checks in, this person will not be included as a visitor. This will allow Focus Checkin to identify the adults that checked the visitor in.
2. After the person is selected, touch or click the "+ Add!" button. This will take the volunteer back to the family view and the visitor that was selected will be highlighted as here today.
3. If the person that the volunteer is searching for does not exist already, they can touch or click the "Add a new visitor" link to add a new visitor to the family. NOTE: In this case, the visitor will be added to the family as a visitor. Next time the family checks in, the visitor will be shown when the volunteer clicks "Show visitors".
Add New Visitor
If the volunteer elects to add a new visitor, they will be presented with a screen to provide information about the visitor. This information is then saved to the ChMS and the visitor is added to the family. The volunteer will be taken back to the family select screen with the new visitor highlighted as here when they touch or click the "+ Add!" button.