Once an activity is imported into Focus Checkin, there are a couple things that are visible and a couple flags that can be set. The last imported date is visible which is the last time the activity was synced, the meta data about the activity is visible and assignments can be created from the admin.
1. In order to see the activities that are currently imported into Focus Checkin, click on the "Activities" link on the main navigation menu.
2. On the activity listing page, the activities that are imported are listed. The activity will show the next time the activity occurs, the assignment counts that currently exist, the number of locations,
3. Activities that are greyed out mean that it is inactive in the ChMS. Inactive activities while they show in Focus Checkin, will be ignored in showing what activities and rosters a participant can check into.
4. The last updated date and time indicates the last time the activity was synced. Focus Checkin periodically talks with the ChMS to get updated information about the activity includes activity meta data, the schedules, the instances, the rosters and the assignments for the activity.
5. Clicking "view" will display the details about the activity and allow for some flags to be set on how Focus Checkin should treat the specific activity.
1. The tabs across the top indicate the different types of information that can be viewed. Clicking on the "Activity Info" will show meta data about the Activity that was pulled from the ChMS.
2. All the information that is related to the activity that was synced with the ChMS will be displayed. This is a quick way to identify information about the imported activity.
3. Attendance Restriction is specific to Focus Checkin. Selecting "Single Attendance" from the drop down will target all rosters under this activity to act as a single attendance option. This means if the participant selects a roster tied to an activity that is marked as single attendance, the participant cannot select any other roster. This is helpful if the church has a policy where a child over a specific age can only be checked into a class for one hour. While Focus Checkin will show multiple things the participant can check into, as they select an option, all other options will be removed forcing the participant to only check into one roster.
4. Clicking the refresh activity button will force a sync of the activity to the ChMS immediately. While Focus Checkin talks to the ChMS every hour to pick up updates, sometimes there is a change that needs to be picked up immediately. Clicking "refresh activity" will along for that sync to happen immeidately.
1. Clicking the "Schedules" tab will show the schedules that are associated with that activity that were pulled from the ChMS. This is for display purposely only.
2. Clicking "edit" will open the ChMS directly to the schedule that needs to be editted.
1. Clicking the "Rosters" tab will show the rosters / rooms that are associated with that activity that were pulled from the ChMS. This is for display purposely only.
2. Clicking "edit" will open the ChMS directly to the roster that needs to be editted.
Assignments are usually created and managed in the ChMS. Because Focus Checkin syncs with the ChMS every hour, it is possible to get into a situation where you need to add an assignment immediately. In that case, we recommend that you create the assignment in Focus Checkin which will write the assignment both in Focus Checkin and the ChMS at the same time.
1. Search for the person that the assignment is needed for. The person must already exist in the ChMS. The standard name search rules apply.
2. After the person has been found, click on the "Select" button to select that person to add an assignment for.
1. After selecting the individual, there are two types of assignments that can be created.
A participant assignment is used to assign an individual to participant in a roster. This is useful for those activities / rosters where an assignment is required. An assignment also allows Focus Checkin to narrow down the available rosters to show in checkin, making it easier for a decision to be made on what to check into.
A volunteer / staff assignment is used to create an assignment for a specific volunteer or staff opportunity. Assignments are required for all volunteers so use this when a volunteer is not showing up in checkin of having an assignment to a specific opportunity.
when selecting a participant assignment there is only one thing to select which is the roster.
1. The dropdown holds all the available rosters for the activity that an assignment is being created for. Select the roster that the participant needs an assignment to.
2. When the roster is selected, click the "+ Add Participant Assignment" button.
Volunteer / Staff Assignment
For volunteer / staff assignments, a volunteer type and a roster is required to create the assignment for the person.
1. The volunteer type is a selection that is pulled from the ChMS. All available volunteer types will be held in the dropdown list.
2. The dropdown holds all the available rosters for the activity that an assignment is being created for. Select the roster that the volunteer needs an assignment to.
3. When the volunteer type and roster is selected, click the "+ Add Volunteer/Staff Assignment" button.