How do I approve or reject trip applications? Follow
Trip applications are managed from the individual trip page. Review, approve and reject applications all in one centralized place.
Follow the instructions below to access and manage your trip's applications.
Access Your Trip
From the My Trips list view, you can see which trips have pending applications by the notification indicator that will appear.
Select the trip to access the applications.
Access Your Applications
From your trip's Dashboard, select Applicants to view the applications submitted for this trip.
If you are looking for a particular applicant's form, you may search by name from the search field at the top of the list. You may also click on the checkbox to Include Unsubmitted Applications if you would like to see those who either abandoned the process or have not yet hit submit.
Select an application to review.
Review the Application
The application view will display all of the questions and answers that were included on the trip's application, as well as the applicant's answers to their profile questions to help you determine whether or not this applicant is a good fit for the trip.
Click on Actions then you will see the 3 options you have regarding this Applicant.
A popup window will appear unique to each option for you to detail and select before completing the final action.
Approving an Application
To approve the application, click on 'Actions' then select Approve from the dropdown options.
In the Accept Application window, there are a few things to look at.
- This is a warning message letting you know that the Applicant has not completed everything but still gives you the option of putting them on the team. In this case, all of the applicants' References have not been returned.
- There are two options to consider: is this person going to be the 'Team Leader', by default they are a regular participant. The second option is if they are responsible for fundraising. The default action is that they are going to fundraise. By unchecking this box then their fundraising goal will automatically be set to $0
- You may also include a personalized note which will be included in their email notification.
- Trip notes would something that the participant does not see but those with permissions would. Please read more about Trip Notes here.
When ready, click the Send button to accept the application and notify the applicant of their status.
Denying an Application
If it is necessary to deny an application, you may do so by selecting the Deny option on the Actions dropdown menu.
In the Deny Application window, there are a few things to look at.
- Enter in the reasoning behind your decision to deny the application. This note will be included in the email the applicant will receive to notify them of their application's status.
- Trip notes would be something that the participant does not see but those with permissions would. Please read more about Trip Notes here.
To complete the process, click the Yes, Deny <applicant's name> button.
Once you deny an applicant, they will not be able to apply for this particular trip again and you cannot add them later.