Administrators may customize the system emails that are sent out to trip applicants, leaders, and participants.
Edit, add, and format your own copy for each system email from a simple text window, and preview your content before saving.
Follow the instructions below to begin customizing your emails.
Access Your Tenant's System Emails
From the Admin menu, select Email Settings.
From the Manage Emails list view, you will see all the Categories of emails that are sent out and the number of possible templates.
Click on the name of the category of email you would like to edit.
Email templates are nested under their respective categories; Account Emails, Notification Emails, Payment/Donation Emails, and Reminder Emails.
Click each category name to view all emails within each category.
Edit Your Email Template
Click on the name of the email you would like to edit. Keep in mind these are universal emails and not specific to one trip.
1. Edit the Email Subject
2. Edit the copy and apply basic formatting using the tools in the toolbar provided.
3. You'll also be able to insert merge fields, which will pull in the specific details for each trip, making each email notification fully customized for the trip and participant receiving the email. Refer to the list of available merge fields on the right of the page, and simply copy and paste them into your message where you want them to appear.
4. Click Preview Email to see how the email will look when sent. (see image below)
5. Click Save Email, to finalize your changes.
We recommend when you edit your emails to supply a "reply to" in the signature in order to direct your users to the correct person who can handle any questions or requests.
This is what your email message will look like before you finalize and save it.
Click the Close button to return to the edit screen.
Save Your Customized Email
When you are satisfied with your edits, click the Save Email button to save your changes.
Should you decide you want to revert to the original default email copy, click Reset to Default and save.
Frequency Of Reminder Emails
By default, our reminders emails for funding milestones and requirements are sent out one week before due and then daily after the due date has passed. If you would like to change that frequency you may select 3 days, 7 days, every 2 weeks or once a month.
Click on Admin --> Email Settings --> Reminder Emails
Also, under Notification Emails, there are two administrator emails you can set the frequency values for.
- Daily Participant Activity
- Daily Trip Request Activity
Click on the specific email you would like to set the frequency on and set the frequency you desire. This is a global change that will affect all active trips. When complete you must click save.