The Focus Missions API utilizes basic authentication in order to get specific api resources. With Basic authentication, an authorization header is passed with every request with the license key from Focus Missions. Below will be instructions on how to obtain the license key and a sample request.
Get the Api License Key
The License key is obtained by an admin
1. Click on Admin from the top menu
2. Click on Settings from the sub menu
3. Click on Software Integration.
3. Click on License Key which is under the Software Integrations left hand sub navigation menu.
5. Here is the API License Key that is used in the authorization header along with the api base url for all api resource calls. If there is not currently a license key present here, click the "Request New Key" button.
6. If at any time, the license key needs to be renewed because the other was compromised, use the "Request New Key" button. This will create a new API License Key. Once this happened, the old license key will no longer be valid.
Making a request
Making a request to the Focus Missions API requires the License Key in the Authorization header along with formated api url. Add the License key to the authorization header of all requests with the word basic in front of it. Example:
Authorization: Basic 37f49asd93nf03jfn20fnfno2