Admin roles allow for a more clear description of the permissions the Focus Missions users have within the application.
Permissions still play a part in admin roles where permissions are added to admin roles.
Any number of permission combinations can be created with admin roles to truly define the different type of user.
Admin roles are available to anyone who has the System Admin permission and can be viewed by going to the Manage Admins section under Admin.
1. Click on Admin
2. Click on Manage Admins
3. Click on Roles
Admin roles are created with a name, a description and a collection of permissions that the role will have.
The permissions allow for different functionality to be visible to those that are a part of the role.
1. Click on Roles
2. Click on Create Admin Role
1. Name the role something that is easy to understand and that is unique per role.
2. Give a brief description about the role which could include the permissions or the types of responsibilities people in the role will have inside Focus Missions.
3. Select one or many permissions for the role
4. Click Create Role when complete.
Adding Users to Roles
A user can belong to multiple roles but must belong to at least one role.
1. For each admin of Focus Missions, the roles that they belong to are displayed.
2. It is possible to search for an admin by name, or search for a particular role to see all the individuals that have a specific role.
3. In order to invite an admin, click "Invite Admin" **please note that if the Admin you are inviting already has a Focus Missions Account then they will not be sent an email. They will inherit the new adminsitrative rights when they log out/in.
4. To edit an admin, click anywhere on the user row.
1. All the roles that have been created are displayed and any number of them can be selected for a user. At least one role must be selected.
2. Click Update User to save the roles to that user
It is possible to delete a role at any time.
This includes roles that are currently in user by users of the system.
Always be cautious when deleting roles as the user will immediately lose their permissions and might hinder them from doing their job.
1. Click on any role in order to edit the role and scroll to the bottom where the delete button is and clilck it.
2. If there are users that currently have that role, those people will be mentioned in the confirmation
3. If you still wish to delete the role, click Delete User Role