Display information relevant to your trip needs using our Custom Fields feature, and elect to either display your field on your trips' public pages or privately to your trip admins for reference or reporting purposes (Custom Fields will appear on trip reports and are available in the API).
Follow the steps below to take advantage of Custom Fields in your trips!
Creating a Custom Field
You'll create your Custom Fields from within the Trip Components area of the Trips Tab.
Similar to Trip Requirements and Documents, your Custom Fields will be set up as part of your platform settings; however, Custom Fields are account-wide and will appear on all of your trips.
To create a new Custom Field, click the Create Custom Field button.
Custom Fields can be in the form of a short answer, paragraph, date, single choice, or multi-choice format to best suit your data needs.
Make your selection to continue.
- Enter the text you wish to have displayed as your Custom Field description.
- Whether you're ready for this field to be active yet (or remain inactive).
- Custom Fields may be set as Required or Optional when a trip is being set up.
- Custom Field values may be set to appear on the trip's public page, or to only be visible internally for admin or reporting purposes.
- Add an optional tool tip that will be available when your Admins roll over the help question mark while setting up the Trip.
- Once you've completed all the selections for your Custom Field, click Add Custom Field to continue.
Your Custom Field should now appear in the list view.
When creating a new trip (or editing an existing trip), you should now see your Custom Fields in the Trip Details.
Enter the field values to complete your Custom Field setup for your trip.
If Public and Active, your Custom Fields will appear on your trip's public page.